Friday, January 16, 2009

Can I Get A Cold Front?


It’s another smoldering day in Angel City and I have to ask…am I the only one who longs for some dark ominous clouds? Maybe a record low instead of a high? Too see my breath in the frosty morning air? A random hail storm followed by a thunderous roar? Some fucking weather dammit!! It’s January and what started as a promisingly frigid start to the winter (for us anyway), has morphed into early July.

I broke a sweat before leaving the house thing morning and I’m feeling temped to go out and get pink berry at lunch today. It should be hot cocoa for Christ’s sake! Maybe I live in the wrong city, or maybe I’ve just been here so long that the happy happy sunshine is starting to freak me out. I saw a girl at the Grove yesterday wearing velour daisy dukes, with a bikini top and Ugs folded over to the ankles. That pretty much sums up Winter in LA. I’m gonna go do a rain dance…indoors with the AC pumpin’.

1 comment:

  1. I too love the weather in LA but the lack of distinctive seasons can become a bit monotonous. Its hard to fully appreciate the good without being reminded of the bad from time to time. I find it strange to live in a place where the only true distinction from one season to the next is by the changing of the Banana Republic billboards.

    ReplyDelete